Velvet Tablet Case and Pouch instructions
Velvet Tablet Case and Pouch PDF link
zippered case:12½” by 9” wide- small pouch7½” by 5 ½”
1) Velvet Tablet Case:
This project requires the Renaissance Ribbon Bag Pattern by Anniefor the zippered case
With two modifications:
- Cut the Velvet border at 26” long for the case, you’ll be left with a 13” long for the pouch and do not cut the zipper, you will cut it after assembly
- Do not box the corners on this case, so skip that step in your project
Remember also to use the coupon code inside the pattern that gives you access to a full video tutorialon by Annie’s website.
2) Small organizer pouch
- Set aside the piece left of the Velvet Border, 3” long of the bird ribbon for the side tag, the remaining lining fabric and the magnetic snap.
- Re-cut the lining fabric to 8 ½ ” by 13” to match the velvet piece, fold lining and stitch short sides (¼”SA), creating a tube, keep wrong side out
- Repeat with the Velvet piece, remembering to add the little ribbon tag in the seam, turn to keep right side out ( you got to see the cats smiling at this point!)
- Insert the velvet tube into the lining fabric tube, right sides together
- Align and pin neatly both top raw edges (lining and bag), keep the lining very tight.
- Stitch along the top edge, carefully matching both
- Push inside the lining, press with fingers and stitch on outside along the seam, ⅛” from top.
- NOTE: The bottom seam of lining will be sewn at the very end after the snap is set
3) Insert the snap
Pull the lining fabric out,use invisible fabric marker and mark the prong placement for the snaps ¾” below top edge at center. If you are new to traditional magnetic snaps, check on-line tutorials,here is a simple step by step by Sarah Lawson for Craftsy