To sew a small heart shaped ornament embellished with jacquard ribbons, you will need:
- Jacquard ribbons in the desired colors and patterns
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Polyester stuffing or batting
- A heart-shaped template about 6 inches across (can be drawn or printed from the internet)
- Cut two heart-shaped pieces from the fabric.
- On one piece of heart-shaped fabric pin jacquard ribbon in a pleasing pattern.
- Stitch along each ribbon edge to secure ribbons to fabric - this will form the top of the ornament.
- Pin a loop of ribbon on the right side of the heart fabric then place the front and back heart-shaped pieces right sides together and pin in place.
- Using a sewing machine or needle and thread, sew around the edge of the heart, leaving a small gap for stuffing.
- Carefully stuff the pillow with polyester stuffing or batting, being sure to evenly distribute the filling.
- Hand sew the gap closed using a needle and thread.
- Your heart shaped ornament is ready.