Complete Sewing kit to make the fun and practical Stash & Dash-Pattern byAnnie featuring Tula Pink new webbing.
Fun and Easy to Make! Great as a GIFT!
Tula Pink Curiouser and Curiouser Ribbon and Fabrics- Perfect Webbing and SewHungry Hippie Fun Vinyl This handy little wrap features three inner pockets made from mesh for easy visibility of contents.
Each pocket has a zipper closure — no need to worry about things falling out! A clear vinyl slip pocket on back and an expandable strap closure finish off the bag.
You can fit phone and electronics chargers in the mesh pockets or light toiletries as well as other small items that would get lost at the bottom of a suitcase or travel bag if left loose. Finished: 8"W x 18½"H open, 8"W x 6"H closed
This kit contains:
- Quilting Cotton Fabrics from Tula Pink Curiouser and Curiouser Collection by Free Spirit Fabrics
- 2 Coordinated woven Jacquard Ribbons- for the special tab and zipper pulls
- 1 piece (21") Perfect Striped Webbing by Tula Pink in Lavender and Neon Peach
- 1 Special Handbag-double slider zipper30" in purple with 3 zipper pulls
- 1 Widemouth slider for the strap closure
- 1 Precut piece of ByAnnie Mesh in Pink
- 1 Precut piece of Sparkling Star Vinyl by Sew Hungry Hippie
- 1 Printed ByAnnie Pattern and
- 1 Precut piece of Soft and Stable
Easiest by annie project that I've ever made. When I make the next one, I will omit the vinyl pocket on the back or use mesh. I added a hanging loop to the top so I could attach to the back of the passenger seat in my car. The yellow mesh in my kit was about an inch short...I wasn't sure if it would work so I used mesh in a coordinating color on one of the pockets. My friends really like the changes I made.
I haven’t completed the project yet. I am disappointed that the fabric is directional, and in order to cut the size fabric needed the design is sideways
- This kit was very well put together and well packaged
- ByAnnies patterns lends themselves very well to the kits on this site, since next to no practical updates are provided regarding updates to the pattern. Some of the patterns have the ByAnnies tutorial videos included, which is a great plus!
- A fair amount of material cuts are provided, with the exception of the vinyl which was cut a bit too short (does not impact the final result, since the width is what matters)
- Both main panel fabrics in this kit are directional, however, the fabric cuts provided are too short in the direction of the print (18" cut, compared to the minimum 20" needed). In order to construct the bag in the way the cover photo looks, I had to work around this by sewing two shorter cuts together. It was a quick fix and is not noticeable.
- The pattern does not discuss directional print fabrics, so I started off the construction stage by taking a chance. Of course I was wrong! :-) If you choose to make a directional bag and would like to avoid this, place the centered pin at the bottom of the print, so that when the pin is located closest to you (viewing your panel in the length-wise direction), the pattern is viewed right-side-up.
- The instructions do not actually tell you how to use the included ribbons, but the beautiful cover photo shows you how (thinner ribbon for zipper tabs and larger ribbon for webbing ending)
The result so far looks gorgeous. There are a few less-than perfect seams (lining up the outside vinyl pocket with the inside mesh pockets so that the seams are perfect is something I'd imagine would be difficult even for a semi-professional seamstress), but even though I am a borderline perfectionist, I am pretty pleased and proud of the result.
I still have the main body edge binding left to go and then I can move on to the another version of this kit (yellow colorway), since I purchased that as well. This might take a couple of days, since right now I am trying to learn how to sew together the ends of the bias binding in order to create a nice and 'invisible' seam.
I have had so much fun making this kit! I have learned and tried a number of new things; using ByAnnies Soft & Stable, quilting, installing and using a walking foot, matching main & bobbin thread to outside & inside panels, adding a zipper pull to a zipper, working with mesh, make bias binding, etc. I have been a bit intimidated to try some of these things before, but I am happy that I finally took the plunge and gave it a go.
I do have all the kits from the Tula Curiouser & Curiouser and the Tula Webbing kit clubs waiting for their turns too and I am super excited to learn new skills, grow my confidence, and create a new beautiful project with every kit. I will definitely leave a review each time I manage to finish a kit.
Bottom line: I highly recommend this kit!
This is the perfect combo of simple instructions, cute fabric, awesome matching ribbons and notions. The glitter vinyl is super fun with the fabric. I was going to add a picture but I couldn’t find a way to do that. This kit is perfect.
Great kit and easy to follow instructions.